August 24, 2008

One Week Down, Way Too Many To Go

The first week of school is finished. I am so glad. It was quite the long week. I will have quite the challenge with the students in my room, but it will be a good year -- just a lot of work. I also know now why they liked me so much in the interview. My 3 1/2 years working with foster children will really come in handy... :-)

On another note, Brayden had a GREAT first week in Kindergarten. He loves his teachers, loves his school, and is just enjoying Little Rock. Mason also had a great week at his day school. The director sent an email to my sis-in-law saying how great Mason had adjusted to school. She said he acts like he has been there the entire time and that they are enjoying him so much. I am so glad. I was worried about the move with the boys and how they would adjust, but they have done beautifully so far. The only bad thing is that is has rained all week. I had promised Brayden all week we could go swimming, but it seemed like every time we were going to go it would be raining AGAIN. Maybe next week will be better. We were able to get in the pool a little Friday, but only for a short period (& it was really cold because of all of the rain).

I will be posting pictures of Brayden's first day of Kindergarten soon. There are not very many because his dad took him to school. Matt doesn't take as many pictures as I do... :-)

1 comment:

The Davis Rodeo said...

That is just wonderful to hear how well the boys are adjusting. I know that makes you feel so much better...when our kids are happy, we are happy! I can't wait for the pictures!